Monday 2 November 2015

My New himmel V Super Slicer

Yay! My himmel V Super Slicer finally arrived about 2 weeks ago. Elsa,  of course came by to deliver it to me and she brought some yummy crunchy Fuji apples to try out! (How thoughtful of her) My dehydrator was kind of gathering dust as I was too lazy to cut the fruits using a knife. She brought an extra bonus which was an apple corer!



My ever willing model! Thanks Elsa! It came packaged in a box like this. 



Inside the box, you will get a slicer, a  holder and a set of blades.



You get a total of 5 interchangeable blades for doing different things. It comes with a convenient holder so you can keep them all in one place.


Overall, the slicer was very sturdy and the make is really similar to the much more expensive slicer sold by Tupperware. I felt that it was a really good buy at RM 119 because I bought it on pre-order! So we started coring the apples which was a lot harder than I thought. You literally had to use quite a lot of strength to push the corer through the apples and the corer accidentally came out the side on one apple! (Hahaha! So I ate that apple the next day) 

Using the slicer was incredibly easy and we got through about 8 apples in less than 10-15 minutes! It was awesome considering that it took us nearly half an hour the last time trying to cut the apples thin enough with a knife.



Ta-da! The end result! Beautiful round shaped apple slices to dehydrate.



The finished apple slices all ready to snack on!


This time I decided to use a much lower temperature (55°C) and leave it for 16 hours. I feel like the taste of the apples was a lot sweeter and nicer compared to my previous tries. So from now on, will work on using lower temperatures. 

More healthy fruit snacks to come for the whole family!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment