Monday 24 August 2015

More Nutrition...I Was Hoping

Over the last one week, I am able to eat a little better though I developed a cough and a sore throat which exacerbated my vomiting.Coughing really makes you gag and brings up the bile faster!

I bought two cans of Herbalife Formula 1 (Tropical Fruit and French Vanilla flavour) and 1 bottle of Herbal Aloe from Yann to try and make my own shakes at home in the evenings. It was really pricey at RM 184 per can of Formula 1 and RM 186 for the bottle of Herbal Aloe. Anyway, Yann herself is currently pregnant and she takes 5 shakes a day and the aloe juice with a lot of water. (1 or 2 litres a day I think)

So on Wednesday morning I tried making my first shake and decided to make one for Hubby too. I used the following ingredients.
  • I put two glasses in the freezer before starting to make my shakes
  • Pure Harvest unsweetened original flavoured rice milk - 240 ml
  • Chia Seed gel - 2 tbsp (I made my own by putting 2 tbsp of chia seeds in a cup of water and left it overnight in the fridge)
  • Herbalife Formula 1 Powder (Tropical Fruit flavour) - 4 tbsp
  • Country Farm Organics Extra virgin coconut oil - 2 tbsp
  • Quaker instant oatmeal - 4 tbsp
  • Pear - 4 small pieces (peeled)
  • Ice cold water topped up to 1 litre in the blender












My ingredients which yielded my first two cups of shake! 







The final result was not too bad but both of us agreed that the taste of tropical fruit flavour was too strong and overwhelming. So next round I will mix one scoop of tropical fruit and one scoop of vanilla. That should help taper down the taste a little more.

I felt pretty ok after taking the shake though I didn't feel anything significant. Too early to tell. All I was worried about was that I would vomit and all that good stuff will go to waste. Over the next few days, I tried with a variety of fruits like papaya, rock melon and strawberries. 

Today I tried substituting fruits with carrots and beetroot and soy milk instead of rice milk. Hubby and I liked the taste so much better than the few previous days. The soy milk helped to mask the strong banana flavour and the carrot and beetroot made it more pleasant. I think I will experiment more with veges instead of fruits. I am still not ready to eat fruits yet obviously. It looked more bloody than when I added strawberries but the best tasting shake yet! I had it again in the evening using my mini blender in the office hopefully it will stave off the evening "yuckies". 

Last Saturday and Sunday were bad days for me as I vomited a few times a day compared to not vomiting over the week. The yucky quesy feeling started off on Friday evening when Hubby picked me up from work. It lasted through the night and I almost vomited but managed to fall asleep instead. When I woke up on Saturday morning, I tried drinking 500 ml of water with one small capful of herbal aloe mixed in. After swallowing the last mouthful of water, I suddenly felt bile rising and I started to gag but I managed to hold it off. We then decided to go for breakfast in Pandan and when we reached there, the smell of the nearby garbage tong was enough to set me off. I lost all the water I had drunk earlier. It never bodes well for me when I start feeling yucky and "vomity" in the morning, the rest of the day kind of goes down hill. I made one more shake to drink in the afternoon at about 2 pm before going out for viewings and felt really horrible throughout the afternoon and evening. I was trying very hard to keep my shake in. (So sayang!) After that we had dinner which I promptly vomited everything up. Plus I kept on vomiting two more times before exhaustion took over and I feel asleep.

Woke up on Sunday morning and didn't feel much better so didn't do anything and didn't go anywhere. Continued to drink my morning shake and didn't feel any better. Vomited again in the late afternoon and evening. After which I promptly told Hubby that we should go out for a short drive and on the way we stopped at Mc Donalds. I asked him to buy for me a Fillet o fish burger and a cup of frozen coke. Surprisingly I didn't feel as bad after that! 

Moral of the story is just eat whatever you can and don't feel too bad about it!

Waking up last weekend is like Aunty Acid here.





No comments:

Post a Comment