Thursday 17 December 2015

November 2015 Expenditures

This is my first time ever recording our family's expenditures in a month and  sharing it for everyone to see. I am really interested to see what were the things that we spent money on and how we can be more efficient, prudent and frugal in the months to come. I am still getting used to recording every single "sen" that we spend. It is quite a task tracking and recording everything down. Please note that this is just our spending and excludes utilities, fixed monthly payments like insurance, home mortgage and other debt repayments.

I found that as an "expense tracking virgin" asking for a receipt every time I buy something really helps because I can then take the stack of receipts out at the end of the day or (days sometimes) and record it properly. It's either that or I develop the discipline to record it all down at the end of everyday.

Hopefully I should be able to do it faster next month. Anyway here it is!

                    Item/Vendor
Amount (RM)
Notes
Yuan Yuan Confinement Home
$1,000
This was a deposit for me to stay in a confinement home when baby #2 arrives
Hubby’s Clothes & Personal Shopping
$676.66
This was Hubby’s once in a purple moon shopping spree and he really needed new pairs of pants, shirts & a new wallet
Pregnancy Belly Support
$127.84
I bought these to help alleviate my round ligament and sacroiliac joint pain. Bought them at 20% off from Lazada!
Stretchy Dresses
$138.00
Broke my clothes buying ban in November as I needed something more accommodating to my growing belly.  Clothes buying ban restarting!
Fuel
$712.51
For both our cars. It’s my daily commute to work, whilst Hubby moves around quite a bit
Kids Clothes
$118.24
Chapati was out growing a lot of his stay-at-home clothes and my MIL was asking us to get some. We bought like 10 sets of shorts & t-shirt and 4 sets of long sleeves & long pants for sleeping. CHEAP! Plus it’s going to be handed down to baby #2
Diapers
$108.90
3 bags of diapers for Chapati
Kid’s Foam Play Mat
$119.00
We are doing up the house to have an kids play area, so we invested in a play mat
Toddler Sense Classes
$240.00
4 classes for Josh at Baby Sensory
Baby Laundry Detergent
$67.60
4 bottles in preparation for baby#2’s arrival
Groceries
$546.77
We have been trying to cook and eat at home more often.
Eating Out
$529.40
We hope to reduce this expense in the near future
Home maintenance
$465.00
Hubby managed to replace our master bedroom tap and our living room LED downlights by himself.  Our room air was leaking water so had someone repair it.
Home Cleaning
$260.00
Our weekly cleaner who helps to keep our home clean & tidy
Electric mosquito traps
$220.00
Hubby bought 2 online
Small items
$56.88
2 book straps for the playground, jelly moulds, soy sauce bottle, apple corer, hot/cold pack
Gifts
$422.60
Angpow for Mum’s birthday and small gifts for a friend who is unwell and one who was in hospital
Medical/Medicines
$175.50
Hubby’s cholesterol pills & prenatal Vitamins
Book
$15.00
Produced by homeschooling kids
Parking
$9.50
GRAND TOTAL
6009.40
Crazy huh? I can't imagine that it was so easy to spend RM6000 over on stuff. How was your expenditure last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment