Tuesday 18 August 2015

15 Weeks and RELIEF!

My morning sickness has faded quite a bit since a week or so ago. ie around 14 weeks. I feel more like myself and the nausea comes only in the evenings. It starts at about 4 pm or so and last till around 8 pm. Sometimes it goes on through the night and I make it a point to call it a night, so I don't have to put up with the yucky feelings. The vomiting on the other hand has nearly stopped, probably 5 times in the last 10 days which is also good. I tell everyone it a 180° change! I am really praying that all this will go away completely within this week.

I must say though that the last 4-5 weeks has left me very low on energy, I feel tired easily (even walking from the office to Pavilion which is only 5 minutes walk), my eyes also tire easily and I have been getting quite severe headaches at the front of my forehead. I also feel bloated whenever I eat and have to remember not to eat too much at one time which is difficult because I am hungry. The most challenging for me is to drink water. I am still having a tough time drinking plain water and most days I get maybe 2 glasses of water throughout the day when I am in the office. Eating and drinking well is still

I have been complaining to Hubby again about how it was so difficult to eat and hence even more difficult to ensure that I get enough nutrition. He was a little fed up that I kept complaining and suggested that I go try the healthy shakes on the ground floor of my office building. Shakesberry has been here for the last 6 years but it never really occurred to me to try it. So humbly after getting told off by Hubby I decided to try something...ANYTHING! So I bravely went in and had a quick chat with Yann who runs the place and told her about my challenges. She started me straight away on one big cup of aloe concentrate with lukewarm water (it was horrible since I can't stand drinking warm or lukewarm water) anyway, I managed to down the whole cup and then she gave me another giant glass of nutritional shake (Tropical Fruit flavour) with dragon fruit thought I am not sure what else she put in it. Anyway, it tasted good and I finished the whole cup but felt super full. Felt alright throughout the day though a little quesy in the evening. So I am going to try to drink it every morning for the next 10 days. Today is Day 3 and I had a chocolate shake with Quaker cereal squares and it was yummy. Can't wait to try out new flavours over the next few days.

One more thing I am going to try is drink a nutritional shake with protein powder in the evenings instead of dinner because I don't seem to be doing very well with food in the evenings. Hopefully this will make up for all the lack of nutrition over the last 4-5 weeks. Now have to look for good protein powder...



No comments:

Post a Comment