Thursday 13 August 2015

Morning sickness...my eating nightmare

One of the worse things to experience with morning sickness is the constant nausea and the feeling that nothing and I mean NOTHING looks remotely appealing to eat and you are hungry. Not just the normal hungry type where you missed a meal, it's the "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse, been starved for weeks and I miss all the good food" kind of hungry.

I got to thank God though because earlier on before we found out about Bump I was complaining to Hubby that I realised now why Mummies continued to grow fatter and fatter with each subsequent baby. I was still 5 kilos overweight compared to my pre-pregnancy weight with Chapati so if I were to put on another 10 kilos or so with Bump...horror of horrors I will become a pygmy hippo because I would be the heaviest ever! However with the last 5 weeks of constant nausea, vomiting 5 to 6 times a day and inability to really eat, my last weight in when I went for a scan was back to my pre-pregnancy weight with Chapati! Though I would never want to experience the last 5 weeks ever again as I believe there are easier ways to lose weight.

Anyway, I was just remembering how difficult it was to eat and would like to share what worked for me (trust me everything else worked once and didn't work again ie. vomit vomit vomit) 
  • 1/3 cup of Guinness Malta in 1 cup full of ice 
  • Ruffles by Lays (Original) - a small handful a day. 
  • Peanut butter (Smooth) - 1 spoonful
  • 2 or 3 thin pieces of cheddar cheese cut from a small block of cheese (not the slice kind) 

So there is my little list of what didn't make me vomit. Everything else including fruits made me sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment